montsamu

Samuel R. Delany
The Aether Age: Helios
Christopher Fletcher, Brandon H. Bell
52 Stitches, Vol. 2
Cate Gardner;Kurt Newton;Mercedes M. Yardley;Alan Baxter;Michael Stone;K. Allen Wood
Dead in the Family: A True Blood Novel
The Accursed
Joyce Carol Oates
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There
Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente
Geek Mom: Projects, Tips, and Adventures for Moms and Their 21st-Century Families
Kathy Ceceri, Editors of Geekmom Com
Witchbreaker
James Maxey

The Lies of Locke Lamora

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch Wicked brilliant. Amazingly narrated. That's all I have time to say about it today. I can definitely see why this book comes up again and again in "what fantasy should I have read in the past few years" discussions. Nominated for a World Fantasy Award? 2nd place in the Locus poll for first novel? (How many first novels are nominated for the World Fantasy Award? Daryl Gregory's Pandemonium and James Enge's Blood of Ambrose in recent memory, as well as Hal Duncan's Vellum and Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, and two novels in 2004 (Jeff VanderMeer's Veniss Underground and KJ Bishop's The Etched City), Steven Erikson's Gardens of the Moon, Vikram Chandra's Red Earth and Pouring Rain, Brooke Stevens's The Circus of the Earth and the Air, and probably more I missed and that's just since 1995, so maybe it's not ALL that rare. One per year? They're all (that I've read) excellent novels, so maybe I have a new search algorithm for "what book to read next...")